The secret is out and studies show that higher cholesterol could slash your stroke risk by nearly 300%!
When I hear a person bragging about lowering their cholesterol to 160, I think: “My goodness, they are a walking heart attack.” Before you call me “crazy”, let me show you how keeping those levels HIGHER can:
• Revive your sex drive
• Lower your likelihood of cancer
• Improve your brain function
• And make you far less likely to die!
That’s because of one simple truth: Cholesterol is not your enemy!
Cholesterol nice and high? GREAT!
Too low? NOW THAT’S A PROBLEM…
I’m not just talking about raising “good” (HDL) cholesterol. I mean total cholesterol and I think it should be ABOVE 200. It could save your life. Yes, I realize that mainstream medicine has been ordering patients to lower their cholesterol more and more until they reach that “magic” range of 160. But, I make sure my levels are always above 200; in fact, I aim for 300!
1. HIGHER cholesterol makes you far less likely to die.
FACT: Lowering cholesterol can make heart disease worse. A review of medical studies on cholesterol and mortality in heart patients found that lower cholesterol levels led to death not survival, like the drug companies want you to think.
FACT: Low cholesterol can trigger the deadliest kind of stroke. It’s called a massive hemorrhagic stroke and it happens when blood vessels in your brain are so weak, they burst open. Any cholesterol count below 200 is a red flag for this kind of stroke.
FACT: Low cholesterol may raise your cancer risk. Yes, a new study actually links low LDL levels with an increased risk of developing cancer. And it’s not the first one. In fact, more than 20 studies have been done on cholesterol and cancer. And the overall majority linked cancer with low cholesterol! How could all this be so? For the same reason that your body makes its own cholesterol…It’s a vital nutrient! Cholesterol is a necessary building block for your immune system and especially your brain cells.
2. HIGHER cholesterol may improve your memory, stave off depression and even protect you from Alzheimer’s Believe it or not, healthy brain cells are chock full of cholesterol. Yup, 25% of your body’s cholesterol is in your brain. It fuels the electrical impulses that make thinking possible.
FACT: Low cholesterol impairs brain function. It’s been linked to depression. And cholesterol-lowering drugs have been shown to trigger memory loss. (Drug companies want us to forget this — and we may if we keep taking statin drugs!)
FACT: Low cholesterol is linked to Alzheimer’s. The eminent researcher Iwo J. Bohr recently published a peer-reviewed paper on the subject. He points out that Alzheimer’s patients typically have lower cholesterol and suggests that a great way to prevent the disease may be to eat a high cholesterol diet.
FACT: Low cholesterol is even linked to suicide — and it’s not just because folks are fed up with celery and tofu! The real reason is probably that low cholesterol literally makes you crazy!
And now for some upbeat news…
3. HIGHER cholesterol could super-charge anyone’s sex life. Why?…because cholesterol is the “raw material” for your sex hormones. Without it, you can’t manufacture testosterone, women can’t make estrogen and none of us would have any more sex drive than an earthworm! Now aren’t you ecstatic that your cholesterol is over 200?
If it isn’t, think of all the fun you’ll have getting it back up to healthy levels! Want to kill yourself trying to AVOID HEART DISEASE? Then just obey the Food Police and eat a VERY LOW-FAT DIET. I’ve been cautioning people about this for years and now I’m even hearing agreement from the Chairman of the Nutrition Committee of the American Heart Association. Even he now admits that a very low-fat diet can be harmful to many people! So unless you’ve actually been tested and found to have a very specific condition called ‘pattern B LDL’. Be careful to get enough fat in your diet. At this point people often ask me, ‘But how can I keep my cholesterol down?’ Well, maybe you should be more concerned about getting it higher. Because… LOW CHOLESTEROL can be much deadlier than high cholesterol. Here too, even the American Heart Association is now admitting…
• LOW CHOLESTEROL CAN TRIGGER THE DEADLIEST KIND OF STROKE. It’s called a ‘massive hemorrhagic stroke,’ and it happens when blood vessels in your brain are so weak, they burst open.
• EVEN MODERATELY LOW CHOLESTEROL LEVELS can raise your risk of these strokes; by this, I mean cholesterol levels under 200. Yet many doctors routinely prescribe cholesterol-lowering drugs if it’s over 200!
No wonder the British Medical Journal recently announced: ‘CHOLESTEROL SCREENING IS NOT WORTHWHILE!’ When they actually looked at the figures, guess what? Folks with lower cholesterol were just about as likely to develop heart disease as those with higher levels. It simply doesn’t matter. So what’s the real cause of heart disease? For starters, something called HOMOCYSTEINE. In my book entitled, “Let’s STOP the #1 Killer of Americans TODAY,” I talk about the real contributors to heart disease. You see, of all the different substances they can measure in your blood, the deadliest risk factor for heart disease is not cholesterol, but a chemical called HOMOCYSTEINE.
Cholesterol doesn’t do diddly unless it ‘catches’ on a ridge or a pit in your artery walls. And the secret cause of these ‘cholesterol traps’ is homocysteine. Too much homocysteine and your arteries corrode like a rusty pipe. Elevated homocysteine Levels have also been named as the prime suspect in causing a large list of health related issues, including many age-related heart and brain problems, cognitive difficulties, deep vein thrombosis, moodiness, intermittent claudication (leg pain), bone loss, poor circulation and a multiple of cardiovascular difficulties. Let’s see how this is possible…
• Homocysteine often causes the initial lesions on arterial walls that enable (LDL) cholesterol and fibrinogen to accumulate and eventually obstruct blood flow leading to a heart attack or stroke.
• Homocysteine contributes to the oxidation of LDL cholesterol and the accumulation of arterial plaque and subsequent vascular blockage.
• Homocysteine can cause abnormal arterial blood clots (thrombosis) that can quickly block an artery. But it’s so easy to cut down your homocysteine levels! Three vitamins do the trick quickly… vitamins B6, B12 and folic acid. And by far the richest source of these vitamins is red meat. But wait, many of you are not eating red meat…what are you to do?
In conclusion, Dr. Dwight Lundell, a heart surgeon who has performed over 5000 open heart surgeries, says the following, “Despite the fact that 25% of the population takes expensive statin medications and despite the fact we have reduced the fat content of our diets, more Americans will die this year of heart disease than ever before.”
~Special thanks Dr. Harry Elwardt for providing this article.